My Cancer Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

THANKING THE CUP





I recently watched a 'God-tube' video that had been recommended to me...I was told that I would "be amazed at this person's testimony."...

So while I was visiting my daughter I decided to watch it with her. I loaded up the video while she poured us two cups of coffee, and we began to watch. It was a popular tv show in which celebrities judged contestants, and then they would beg for the contestant (if they were any good) to choose them to form a team. So we watched while this young woman beautifully sang an old song, and after her performance we watched as one of the celebrity judges literally threw herself down and bowed before the contestant...I thought to myself...This must be where she will say something about Jesus giving her the talent and to thank him and give him all the glory...But no, that did not happen. Instead the young woman only giggled as the celebrity bowed before her. So, okay...I thought...I'm sure she's just a bit nervous, and didn't know what to say...but I'm waiting to hear what she does say.


So then the contestant begins to tell her story about overcoming drug and alcohol addiction, and I thought for sure this is where she will tell of the mercy and strength of Jesus to get her through it, but instead she credits being a Mom and wife instead of persuing an acting career for keeping her sober; to which the same celebrity who bowed speaks up about how being a Mom is the hardest job, and then she talks about the young woman's hope...and I thought: Oh wow, maybe the testimony will start now, and perhaps it will start with an unlikely source- through this celebrity who is by this time really kissing up to the young talent in hopes that she will chose her group. And then we watched as the video was nearing the end, and when the contestant spoke, I was so hopeful that she was finally going to talk about her Christian faith.

And then this came as a response to the statement made about her hope, she said:

"Well, the Universe had a plan for me!"

{What? THIS was what we were waiting for? I asked my daughter.}

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools
,

And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.



Romans 1:21-25

After hearing this "amazing testimony" I promptly picked up the cup of coffee my daughter had just made for me, and said "Thank you to the cup that holds my coffee..." My daughter laughed and then I explained to her that thanking or giving credit to the Universe for our blessings is as silly as thanking the cup that holds the coffee instead of the hands that prepared and served it.

In other words, instead of giving our gratitude and glory to the Creator of this universe and all therein, many people will give all credit and praise to the vessel that contains all His blessings...The universe is just the cup that contains us, and it is in fact, just a fellow creation. That's right, God Created this vast universe and all that is in it.


In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men
.
Jhn 1:1-4




Oh, and as an end note...the contestant did chose the celebrity that bowed to her. I'm not surprised.


For [in the last days] men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,..2Ti 3:2



 *By the way, I want to thank my dearest friend, {Deb} for the pretty teacup pictured at the beginning of this post...I love you, my big Sis!
(In case I can't get back on here this weekend)...

Happy Resurrection Sunday to everyone!

~BLESSINGS & LOVE~
and always remember, we are...

~NEVER FORSAKEN!~
 

 
 

22 comments:

dreambear said...

What a blessing I have from Our Heavenly Father in giving me a friend as you. Thanks for giving Honor and Praise to He who gives us abounding Grace.
To those of your blogger friends and you. Please pray for my Mom. I just heard today she has been diagnosed with bladder cancer. Love from Dreambear, Deb

Never Forsaken said...

My heart as well as my prayers go up to the Throne Of our loving Father in Heaven, my sweet friend!
You know I'm here for you if you need to talk or anything.
((Hugs)) and love to you!

Jane said...

I hear these sort of statements all too often, Lisa. It's sadly all a part of the Oprah-ized new-age world we live in. JUst like the statement, "I'm spiritual not religious". What I never can figure out that people can easily believe in power of attraction and crystals and aliens and other such foolish stuff but they can't believe in God. I could go on a rant forever on this, but I won't for your sake. Ha! Bless you for writing this post!

Hugs
Jane

Never Forsaken said...

Oh, believe me, you and I could both go on about that subject!
Don't get me started on aliens and ghosts... Can anyone say " demons"? Cause that's what they really are!
Ok, end of rant for now.
Thanks for your comment, Jane...God bless you!

Sharon said...

I know which show you're talking about, and it is a bit over-the-top at times. But honestly, thanking the Universe? I thought that your response with thanking the cup that held the coffee was inspired! What a great teaching point! Sometimes I think believing that there isn't a God takes more "faith" than believing He exists. How can one look at the human body, or creation, or the universe, and NOT see Him? In my opinion, more often than not, it's not a matter of belief, but a matter of yielding one's pride.

GOD BLESS!

Never Forsaken said...

Wow,Sharon,I think you hit the nail square on the head... It is more pride than unbelief sometimes.
The show is entertaining, but the celebrity I referred to is a bit over the top for sure!

Susie Swanson said...

Thank you sweet friend for posting this. It made my day and I'm so happy to have found you. Blessings and Love.

Blogger Jedidja said...

Thanks for sharing this nice post! May the Lord bless you. Greetings from Europe

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

This is a great testimony. Thanks so much for sharing it : ) The Lord provides our gifts and talents for His glory.

Brenda said...

Hi Lisa,
I have found in many church gatherings that the created can be worshipped instead of the creator, and that the services themselves can be totally different to the instruction of the 'gathering together of believers' described in the Bible. I agree with what you have written.
God bless you

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

Love your title- and makes perfect sense after reading the post. That would be such a let down - to be expecting a testimony and then her to thank the universe... Oh and the bowing down to her- that would be so uncomfortable.
Hope you are doing well! Some how - with all the clutter that comes through my feed - I missed when you first posted this - glad I came to check out your page.
Have a good week! Lisa :O)

Nonni said...

I had a friend from work who went on and on about this new philosophy she had discovered that helped her lose weight and with so many other troubles in her life. She came over and brought a video. Trying to be polite we started to watch it. We didn't get very far.

I told her that the Universe had no powers that it could conger on its own. God created the Universe and she may as well bow down to a pebble or a tree. I told her she was deceived by Satan.

I loved the tea cup analogy. I must remember that in future. Thank you for sharing this insight. Hugs!

Peggy said...

I was so glad to receive an invitation to your blog. I have lost touch with you for a long time. I liked your post. The world just doesn't understand, does it? All praise to Jesus!

child of God said...

Hi Lisa!
Thanks for inviting me to your blog. I haven't really been around much on blogger but I am still praying for you and all those whom Father places on my heart. :)

(((Hugs))) dear sister.
<><

Blogger Jedidja said...

Powerful!

Crown of Beauty said...

I loved this post... because even when this woman did not give credit to the One True God who really was the source of her healing, we know it was really God. People these days want to be sure they are "politically correct" by not mentioning the name God, or Jesus, or Lord, or the Holy Spirit. Better to say the Universe, a Higher Power, the Heavens, the Ultimate Source... etc etc. I unashamedly say God is my source, my hope, my all in all. Thank you for your deep insights. Glad I stopped by today. Love,
Lidia

Brenda said...

Hi Lisa,
I have had an invitation to your 'private blog' on my e mail. I am not sure what it means. There is also something regarding G+ on my blog. Does it mean that I have to open a Google+ account? If it does, I shall have to learn a bit more, as I am still unlearned in much of the blog area.

Blogger Jedidja said...

How are you now?
http://momentsfrozentime.blogspot.nl/

Never Forsaken said...

I'm so sorry, I really don't know anything about Google+.
I keep tweeking things on Blogger to try to make that blog open to only the people I know on here, but I might have messed things up a bit...Blogger is not so easy to figure out as it used to be!
I also didn't have a computer for awhile and couldn't do much on my iPhone, so I'll take a look at it today and maybe fix things (or make them worse, lol).

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Jedidja...I've been well, thank you. Ive been away from this computer for a long time though...I'm excited to visit your new blog!

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments...they bless my heart so!
Been away from the computer for awhile, so I've fallen way behind on here...Hope I can get caught up!
Blessings and Love~Lisa

samantha said...

I miss your blogs! Love you always.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD!

HAPPY 8TH B-DAY, BUD! I think he's had too many birthday cookies already today!