Thursday, December 12, 2013

Praying for calmness




Oh how I hate to burden people with this especially at this time of year...And to worry my family so, is the hardest thing to deal with right now...My daughter is making wedding plans, and Christmas is just around the corner.

I really wasn't going to say anything...But the power of prayer and faith is needed when it is needed!

So, here goes...

The ultrasound found something suspicious…irregular borders on the lump…The surgeon may or may not do a biopsy tomorrow.
I hope they get it over with and not make me wait more than necessary…I have been waiting for 6 months already…(waiting for it to disappear…waiting for God to just take it away.)
Since that did not happen, I am trusting God with this still. Although I have questioned Him about what He is doing with my life just now…What am I supposed to be doing?
Weird thing is, even if it is serious…I feel a strange peace about this…I know that this human body is not perfect, that it can wear out, get old…change.
I feel like I am back in the Potters hand…not a bad place to be…but not so comfortable either.
I see a crossroad and I am standing idol until I know which direction I will need to go…I do not know the direction, but I do know the WAY…He walks with me…and he talks with me the whole time.
Even if it turns out to be nothing serious…after two scares in two years…I will stand and wait for direction still…Making some lifestyle changes in order to better care for this body that I thank the Lord for every day.
I did awake this morning in a panic…I am seeking the Lord today.
I deal with anxiety almost every day. (under normal conditions) I know that I can handle anything as long as the Lord equips me with His peace…But sometimes that shield falls for a moment or for an hour…And fear grips me.
I am praying for my fellow prayer warriors to help me hold that shield up now…Just like when Moses needed help to withstand in Exodus 17…

10Joshua did as Moses told him, and fought against Amalek; and Moses, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill. 11So it came about when Moses held his hand up, that Israel prevailed, and when he let his hand down, Amalek prevailed. 12But Moses' hands were heavy. Then they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it; and Aaron and Hur supported his hands, one on one side and one on the other. Thus his hands were steady until the sun set.…

The nice receptionist called from the surgeon’s office today and actually told me that I could bring a teddy bear or anything with me tomorrow for comfort…I am bringing Jesus and my teddy bear of a husband!

JOHN 14:25, 26: "All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."
JOHN 15:26: "When the Comforter comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me.

And one of the things that the Holy Spirit will remind me about is this:


~Blessings & Love~
And remember, we are…
~NEVER FORSAKEN~

20 comments:

Laurie said...

I shall keep you in my prayers and wise choice on what to bring with, lol!! Best wishes to you!

Brenda said...

I just read your post Lisa and thought 'What can I put in a comment to encourage Lisa here?'. Then I went back to my blog and thought that I will pray about it and get back to your post. As I scrolled up to the top of my blog my eyes fell upon two titles of previous posts I had written, and I realized they were scriptures that were perfect for encouragement. They are 'The joy of the Lord is my strength' and 'Be strong in Him and in the power of His might'. I pray that the joy of the Lord will be your strength. and the blessing of the power of the Lord's might will be with you. God bless you Lisa

child of God said...

We are with you Lisa, you are not alone in this.

Father, Holy You are Lord and worthy of praise and worship in all circumstances. I praise You King of Kings and Lord of Lords. You are Lord of Lisa, my sister, and I lift her to You. You know her need. You know her fear. Father I ask for You to put and fire hedge of protection around Lisa from the attack of our enemy. Comfort her with You love, peace and hope. Whatever she is going to be walking through, go before her and clear the way. Lord, breathe Your Spirit and heal Lisa from this lump. Jesus, give Lisa a blood transfusion with Your Holy blood and remove all illness and malformations that are showing in her body. Jesus, Lord of Lisa's life, heal her and make her whole. Thank You my God for listening, hearing and answering according to You good and perfect will. In the name of Jesus Christ I come to Your throne and pray. Amen.

Praying and praying for you Lisa. Fear God not this lump.
<><

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you so much ladies for your prayers and for your encouragement!
I am humbled by the peace and grace this gives me!
His Joy is my strength and His might is with me ...goes before me...I will fear God and not the enemy!
~God bless~

Dee said...

I will keep you uplifted in prayer...I can relate to anxiety. Everyday I pray for Gods peace to flow through my mind, spirit and body and it does....sometimes when satan tries to rock that peace I stop and ask God to refresh it...and he does. My dear friend Barb just went through a breast biopsy and all turned out well...she said the waiting was the worst part. You are not alone...I hope you will feel all the prayers surrounding you. Dee

Deanna said...

It's good that you have said something. Even though I'm sure it wasn't a secret, when I have something I am not really talking about although it isn't a secret (as long as it isn't gossip) I still as if I need to share it with somebody beyond my husband, someone who I know loves me. Sounds weird. Take those deep breaths and rest as much as you can, I know how anxiety can totally exhaust oneself not only mentally but physically too. ......all that to say, will say a prayer for you! With Love, Deanna

Alexandra Rose said...

Lisa, I am praying for you! There is still the hope for a good outcome...and always hope in Jesus. Love and hugs xx

Never Forsaken said...

Getting ready to leave & just wanted to let you all know how calm I feel as I am snuggly wrapped in your prayers...God is so good to bless me with such wonderful sisters in Christ!

Irene ~Melodies In The Sand~ said...

Lisa, knowing that you are at peace put me at peace. God is with you always. ♡

Jedidja said...

Never forsaken, Lisa. And I'll praying for you - far away. Also Jesus is doing. He's praying for you. So trust Him, every single day.

child of God said...

Been praying for you off and on all day and will be continuing to pray for you hon. Look up, see the clouds moving?

(((Hugs)))
<><

Susie Swanson said...

Peace is the key. You are in my prayers dear Lisa. Blessings to you.

Reformed rebel said...

Lisa I didn't get on line and see this until tonight...9:18 the night of the test. Regardless I am praying for you now.

Father God you know what's going on with my friend Lisa. You know what she needs most right now. Please Father, wrap her in your arms and hold her. Give her strength and peace. Let her feel Your special touch. Heal her of anything that may be wrong in her body. Touch her Lord I pray right now! Lisa loves you Father and wholly depends on You. Thank You for giving her everything she needs. Thank You for touching her. In Jesus name I pray....Amen.

Love you Lisa !~ Chelle

Maria said...

Prayers is powerful energy. It comes from deep within the place where He Lives. Trust and be still... mb

Delisa said...

Hi Lisa, I'm sorry that you have had to go through such a trying time. Thank you for sharing it with us. God's word tells us that it is often when we feel our weakest that we are at our strongest. You have already shown a great deal of courage. You are half way through the battle. Gathering information and going through the testing and the waiting is sometimes the hardest part. You are doing it! And doing it well. Please know that I will be thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers. With Love, Delisa

CAROLDEE said...

You are so right..Prayer is powerful and with so many helping to pray well it's powerful healing for sure. I will add you to my prayer list. WITH GOD ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! :-)

Sharon said...

Lisa, still praying. I am so sorry for this ordeal. And, as one who battles anxiety every day, too, I know how the panic can peak with the shadow of something like this happening. I await an update, but in the meantime, I just stand alongside you, with prayers in my heart, that God will be especially close to you with His comfort and peace.

GOD BLESS.

Never Forsaken said...

Hello, my friends...
The surgeon told Jeff and I right after the biopsy that it looks like cancer.
He also said that he could be wrong.
I have been using this time to process it all. (me and Jeff both).
That peace and strength has not failed me yet and will never forsake me or you.
What I need for you all to pray for now, is that if the doc is not wrong...pray that it has not reached my lymph nodes...it is very treatable and manageable if it is localized...I have an appointment either this Friday to discuss options or sooner if the report comes back earlier...He said maybe even by tomorrow. (Tuesday)
I wanted to give you this update so you would know what's going on and what to pray...I considered waiting until the call came, but decided I needed your prayers now...I know you are all praying (I can feel it!)...but I also wanted my sisters in Christ to understand that this lump did not show up on the mammogram...so please please please check yourself everyday! This feels like a popcorn kernel about the size of a peanut M&M now...but it was smaller only a month ago...It does not hurt (well , not until after the biopsy, LOL) and it is moveable (not affixed in place)...If you suspect anything...ask your doctor for an ultrasound, since some cancers do not show up on mammos, or they can hide within other cysts.
The key to survival is catching it early before it spreads!
Thank you all for your continued prayer :)
Blessings & Love ~ Lisa~

child of God said...

Never forsaken!
Praying for you Lisa.
Thank you for updating us, letting us know what is going on and how to pray for you better.

Thank you for caring for us and sounding the alarm. I have a mammogram I have been delaying for a long time now. I see the warning and will heed your advice.

Keeping you covered sister.

(((Hugs)))
<><

Peggy said...

I wish I had seen this earlier, Lisa, so I could have been praying for you earlier. Been busy with granddaughters staying with us for a few days before Christmas. Know I will be praying for you every day now. We serve a big God who loves us with a big love. Love you, sweet friend.

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...