Monday, June 10, 2013

Meeting Louis

platter and perfume bottles 003[1]

Jeff and I stopped at a yard sale in an upscale neighborhood after my mammogram Friday where I met a nice lady who introduced me to Louis for the first time.
The picture of the bag is not the same exact one at the yard sale…the picture was from a blog I just happened to land on while blog surfing the next day…but it is the same type of bag. (when stuff like that happens I just know it is God’s way of helping me to know when to do a blog post ;)
I was wondering out loud if it would hold a large laptop. The lady told me she was not sure…then Jeff said it would hold his. I asked him if he would use it or would he feel it looked too girly?
The lady interjected that he would really look stylish with it, to which I replied “maybe in a metro kinda way”.
I didn’t see a tag on it so I asked and she said “seventy five”.
I said, “well for 75 cents I can find some use for it.” I’m sure the lady had to restrain herself from laughing out loud when she corrected me that it was dollars and not cents that she had meant when she said seventy five!
She further justified the price by saying that it was a $ 300 Louis Vuitton!
I guess I’m just a back woods hick, because although the name rang a bell, I just didn’t get it…In my humble opinion carrying a bag that expensive around just says “steal me…and whatever is inside!” No thank you, I will continue to carry my laptop in a canvas tote wrapped in a quilted pillow sham…even though it seemed to embarrass my daughter a little when I took it out at the hotel room…but I like it, LOL!..It’s more me, I guess.

What’s in a name?

Philippians 2:9 says,
“Wherefore God also has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and in things in the earth, and things under the earth;
And every tongue should confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the Father.”
So, I guess the bag is more valuable than any old ordinary bag because of the name…and likewise, we are more valuable than we used to be…because of the name that we now bear!
Nevertheless the foundation of God stands sure, having this seal, The Lord knows them that are his. And, Let every one that names the name of Christ depart from iniquity. (2 Tim.2:19)

My name is Lisa, I am a Christian and I just turned 48 years old yesterday….But…
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says unto the churches; To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knows saving he that receives it.(Rev.2:17)
…I will find out what my true name is someday…And though my earthly body is 48 years old right now…My eternal body, which will be changed, will be ageless. And all because I met Jesus…and compared to Him…Louis is just an old empty bag after all!

How about you? Are you filled with the spirit of the Living God because you have accepted His son Jesus? Or are you still an empty vessel trying to fill your life up with worthless things that have no eternal value at all? There is a stone with your true name written on it waiting for you; aren’t you curious what it says?…Don’t you want to receive a new ageless body, and ask your Creator all those questions that nobody else has an answer for someday?
Confess your sins and God will forgive you, and you will recieve the gift of eternal life when you call upon the name of JESUS!
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:12

 

29 comments:

  1. I use to wonder what my new heavenly name would be then someone said it would be redeemed. Not sure if they are correct. It does not matter as long as i am with our savior to receive it. :) To many people put value in the wrong place's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee,

      In school I disliked my name because it was so popular, but I am sure our names will be as individual as we are in heaven.
      I love stones, and collect them sometimes...so I am excited about getting a stone as well, LOL!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! I used to work in retail and dealt with Louis Vitton bags ...they sell very well, in any economy! But like you said - it is just a bag made with some leather and a bit of man-made materials. The LV comes from the family in Italy, which are of course, quite famous for their bags...but overall, it is just a bag. m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria,
      I have seen the famous logo/design before...but never thought twice about it...It is a sturdy bag though...I would have given her about one third of the price if that for it...I was only looking for the function of the thing :)
      I do have a nice leather purse I bought for my daughter's wedding a couple years ago, I paid more than usual for it, and the entire inside lining ripped out of it. Same thing with an expensive pair of pants for my daughter...the hem fell out soon sfter she wore them...so the name is all you get sometimes...

      Delete
  3. Well Happy Birthday Lisa! I am 4 days short of being 10 yrs. older than you. I will be 58 on the 13th. We do have much in common don't we? This is a great post. I can't wait to find out m name too! Whatever our new names are I am sure they will be perfect!

    God bless you Lisa...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chelle,

      First of all you do not look 58! You look more around my age. And yes, we do have a lot in common...a fellow gemini!
      Our new name will be uniquely our own and fit us perfectly...Just think, when our parents decided our names it was just to suit their own tastes...but our Creator knows us best:)

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday!

    And yes, I am filled with the Holy Spirit, and very anxious to find out my new name!!

    We have been given so much in this life from the Lord, and have so much to look forward to in the next life. We are richly blessed indeed!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon,

      The Lord has saved the best for last...how can we not be excited by that? I love seeing His handiwork here on earth, but it will not even compare to what is waiting for us!

      Delete
  5. Oh Lisa,
    I laughed at the incident with the 'seventy five cent bag', you sound just like me. Your post is beautiful and isn't it amazing that people will spend so much money on something that will eventually wear out just because it has somebody's name stamped on it and yet the most valuable thing in this world costs us nothing, lasts for eternity and has a name above all names stamped upon it.God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda,
      The few times that I have actually paid more for a name brand article of clothing or accessories...it was not always a quality piece...my canvas tote was super cheap, yet it is stitched very well throughout and works well.
      Excellent point about the grace of Jesus costing us nothing and lasting for eternity... Amen to that!
      And thanks for the birthday wishes...God bless!

      Delete
  6. By the way Lisa,
    belated happy birthday for Sunday x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday Lisa. :)

    As to fancy brand names, my husband says, "Itchy goochie pants?!" in reference to Gucci a brand name. ;P Spending money like that is just a waste and I always think about all the hungry people who don't have enough of anything. I would feel ashamed to squander on a fancy name.

    Blessings hon,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! your husband is right, and funny too.

      I know how you feel...I would feel ashamed to run around with the best that money can buy when many do not have enough of the necessities...and it is because of our attitude (as a society)about what is important!
      One of my daughters is very stylish...but she has to be where she lives and works in the city. I have the luxury of wearing comfy clothes that I like...but there was a day when I would have probably paid that lady what she wanted for the bag so I could use it for work...well, actually...I never pay asking price...I would have talked her down...But to buy anything just for the name is not my style at all ;)
      ~God bless~

      Delete
  8. Congratulations! 48 years is quite nice. You're two years older than me. And you made ​​me smile through your story about the bag :-) Beautiful comparison. I have a simple black bag. Fine day! Here its 21:53 now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jedidja,

      I'm so glad this made you smile...I love making people smile...or laugh!
      It was a beautiful day here in Michigan too!
      ~God bless~

      Delete
  9. Hello Lisa :)
    HaPpY bIrThDaY to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Boy, me too... 75 Cents is exactly what I would have thought of immediately. And then, immediately I would decline $75 for it even if it were a thousand dollars brand new. I can't care whether name brand or not. If there is a blouse at the thrift store for 75cents (brand name or not) and I really like it, I'll be glad to take it:))

    I'm so thankful for Jesus. More and more I feel a little more enlightened about just how much of Himself He gave so that I could have a way.

    This past Sunday my pastor said something that really stuck with me:
    There are many who will grumble and think unfair of God to say that there is only one way to Him, to heaven... Instead let us all be thankful that God did make a way.

    With Love & Happy Birthday Wishes!!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deanna,

      I really like what your pastor said...makes me appreciate that priceless gift from God...Jesus!
      Thanks for the birthday wishes...48 feels no different than 47!
      ~God bless~

      Delete
  10. Hi Lisa, what a sweet post and upbuilding post! It is still making me smile. :) I hope you have a lovely day ahead and thank you for popping by my blog today for a visit, it is always so nice to hear from you. With Love, Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Delisa,

      I am glad I made you smile...I laugh at myself quite often...good medicine!
      Praying your day is well also, my friend.

      ~Blessings~
      Lisa

      Delete
  11. Hi Lisa I love this post! I've always been a blue jeans and tennis shoe girl (from the 60's and 70's) so I don't care for the fancy stuff lol! I got a case for my laptop at Best Buy. It's really old and works well : ) Yup it's HIs name on my label that matters most : ) Alone I'm just lonely, with Him life's a grand adventure. God bless!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,

      Me too...clean jeans and a simple shirt and shoes...comfy!

      I had a couple tie dyed tees a couple years ago...I wore them out, LOL! (That's pretty 60's-70's)

      To each her own, I guess...as long as His name is written on our hearts, that's all that matters for sure.

      God bless, and have a great weekend!

      Delete
  12. Happy Belated Birthday, Lisa. I hope this will be a healthy and grace-filled year for you. I agree with you about the bag. Give me the old and the comfortable and the cheap anytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peggy,
      Thank you Hon, And I hope this year will be a great one for all of us!
      God bless~Lisa

      Delete
  13. Hope you enjoyed your birthday, so glad you are a part of the world. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI LISA!!
    I'm back because I wanted to 'personally' say thank you for your words you shared at my post... thorn in my husband's side.
    I am appreciative of your support.
    I hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
    Blessings & Peace, Deanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deanna,

      You are more than welcome my friend~ All is well!
      ~God bless~ Lisa

      Delete
  15. What a beautiful post and I'm so sorry I missed your Birthday. Hope you had a beautiful and Blessed day..Thank you for the sweet words on mine. I am so appreciative. With Love, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Belated Birthday, Lisa. I loved the way you used this bag and turned it into a awesome message of Jesus. There is no name greater than the name of Jesus, and what an awesome thing it is to have my name written in His book of life.
    Blessings,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate