Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A panda named Boo!

Meet Boo...


This cute little guy has only been with me for a few weeks now. You cannot help but feel good whenever you look into those eyes.
I love Pandas...all bears, really. When I seen him at the store I just had to have him.

Today I awoke with a desire to do more for the Lord, I wanted to talk with him more, to feel his presence even closer...I wanted to feel that Jesus is my home, my life like never before! It wasn't long before He told me what I was to do, and I thought of many excuses not to obey Him.
I even carried on a conversation that went sorta like this:

Me: But I will make them feel even worse, or uncomfortable Lord. I might cry or say something really stupid!

God: Use my words.

Me: Ok, I know what to do, I will find that nice card that I bought so long ago but never gave to anyone yet...It had something about learning to lean on Jesus written on it!

So I searched and I searched and after all these years, the card was nowhere to be found.

Me: I can't do this Lord. I need to clean my room because I should not lose things so easily when I need them!

God: Go ahead...I'll wait.

So I cleaned, and I searched through everything, and then I cleaned some more.

Me: If I don't do this will you still love me? I know I will still be saved. Right?

God: Of course I will. But do you still love me?...Is salvation all you want from me?

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Me: I feel so sick Lord. My hands are shaking and I feel like there is ice crawling up my spine. I can't go there...What if I throw up?

God: They will understand. They are much sicker....and you need to tell them!

God: Take Boo.

Me: Take Boo? Maybe this will be Ok...Ok Lord, Here we go.

God: I will be with you too.

So I put the panda in one pocket and tissues in the other and went where the Lord told me to go...I said the words the Lord told me to say...And yes, I cried. We both did. And Boo made someone smile....But Jesus gave them hope when they heard that He loved them..

...and I did not throw up.

So if God can use a panda named Boo, you know that He can use you too!

Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart. For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.
1 Peter 1:22-23

26 comments:

  1. He can use everything at His disposal to let them know...I love you. m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, He uses whatever is available...and whomever is available and willing~

      Delete
  2. such an inspirational post!!!Thankyou for the kind words today on your visit to my blog, now I have been reading yours!!! I will enjoy sharing our blogging experiences,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie,

      I had visited your blog from Dee's blog->(below)
      You are very inspirational too...I am envious of your artwork!
      Wish I could paint that well...you have such a gift....and when I say envious, I really mean in awe ;)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful...beautiful post. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely precious. Don't you think it's such a privilege when God lets our hearts reach out to others like He does? (Especially when we don't throw up!)

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon,

      Yes it is great to be held in the hand of the Master while He pours out his blessings through us....And when we don't throw up all over the person, it makes it all the better...LOL!

      Delete
  5. You are such a precious, beautiful inspiration my friend. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise,

      Thanks for the kind words...I am glad to inspire if I can.
      I am praying you get your xrays today...I love you too!

      Delete
  6. This is so great to read. Listen to God and do what He asks is sometimes painful but it can have a beautiful fruit. Inspiring, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jedidja,

      Yes, you are right...it is sometimes painful. Leaving our comfort zone always is uncomfortable. I was glad I needed to walk a short block to the person's home...I was able to have that time to calm myself down...kinda like how you have to put a new goldfish into the tank by placing the bag he came in into it first...that is how I am...don't just throw me in, LOL!

      Delete
  7. Hi Lisa,
    it is the best thing one could want - to be a jigsaw piece in the hand of the Master, for He has the blueprint for the final picture and unless we go where He places us the picture will be distorted. Did you realize you're a poet 'So if God can use a panda named Boo, you know that He can use you too.' God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda,
      I love your analogy...I never thought of it that way...no wonder so many times as Christians things seem a bit off...the picture is distorted when we do not go where He needs us to go.

      Oh, I thought that would be kinda cute to rhyme that last sentence...I don't write too much poetry (on purpose) anymore! I enjoy yours and other's poetry instead.
      ~God bless~

      Delete
  8. Hi Lisa,
    Nice!! It is such an amazing feeling when one has been and is obedient to the Lord.
    It is what He wants, obedience. :)

    Blessings hon,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sweetie,

      It (obedience) is exactly what He wants. Don't know why sometimes my first reaction is to resist.
      ~God bless~

      Delete
  9. This is so beautiful. I feel that way when I blog sometimes. "Oh Lord, I'm not worthy to share Your Word but if I don't who will?" Then I feel like I messed it all up and hope people will be blessed. God is good. He always helps me remember He's the most important one, my Lord. I'm just His servant. No way I can break His will or ruin things. God bless. I loved this story so encouraging : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,

      I do that with the blog all the time...I thought I was the only one who did...and I'm always second guessing about whether I got the message out clearly enough...We cannot break His will...Good point!
      ~God bless~

      Delete
  10. Hi Lisa,
    Wonderful post. I often wonder why God would use someone like myself. But when we are weak, then He is strong. It is wise to listen to Him when He instructs us to do something, but I too, tend to argue.
    Blessings,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ken,

      It's funny how we argue with the Lord...as if we know best, LOL!

      ~God bless~

      Delete
  11. Lisa, what a sweet post. Teddy bear hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Gina, teddy bear hugs are the best!
      ~God bless~

      Delete
  12. Loved them. Loved how you wrote it...and loved the message. Hugs to you never forsaken.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah,
      ((hugs)) to you too! ~God bless~ Lisa

      Delete
  13. You always have a very inspiring post my dear friend and I thank you for that. Blessings to you.. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie,

      I thank you for your inspiration too!
      ~God bless you, my friend~

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate