Friday, August 10, 2012

Sunset

 

 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16








Just Beyond The Sunset

Just beyond the sunset
Someone waits for me
Just beyond the sunset
Lies my destiny
Where the purple mountains
Lie in deep tranquillity
There I’ll find the treasure
Of love eternally

Just beyond the sunset
Waits someone so fair
Just beyond the sunset
All alone they wait there
Their hair is golden
The colour of the sand
Their eyes sparkle in the night
Like diamonds in your hand

Just beyond the sunset
Lies a home for me
Where the world is peaceful
Like a paradise should be
Just beyond the sunset
Someday is where you’ll find me

Written - July or Aug 1966     
David Harris

As of this Sunday, August 12th, we will no longer have high speed internet in our home.  I posted something about this a couple months ago. In the forest where we live, there are few options available for dependable, and affordable high-speed internet.  I will only have dial up, (which is pretty much only good for emailing).

I am not sure how often I will have access to the internet. I am planning to visit the library after Bible study each week, so I will try to publish an update to the blog each thursday. I will also be visiting your lovely blogs then as well.

 So, although you may not get a comment from me right away, I promise to pop in, and say "hi", whenever I can!

 I chose a sunset theme for this post, because I didn't want anyone to think  'My Heart's Home' has disappeared for good...so, this is not a good-bye!

...or in the words of a famous American actor-turned-governor:

"I'll be b`ack!" * (best said with an Austrian accent)

~God Bless~
& always remember, we are...

Never Forsaken
********************
 Don't forget to send me an email, if you feel so inclined, so that we can keep in touch in between blog posts!* nvr4skn@gmail.com



 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have.
 For He Himself has said,
 “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Hebrews 13:5



16 comments:

  1. Lisa ~ Such beautiful pictures! I love the poem too. Than you for the comment on my post. Looking forward to communicating with you in alternate ways!!

    Blessings my friend...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chelle,
      I'm looking forward to that as well!
      ~God bless you too dear friend~ Lisa

      Delete
  2. beautiful pictures..Gods promises is what keeps us on our feeth ...the hope the trust and love that jesus promises to all who love him and have giving their life to him...have a nice weekend friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi My diary,

      Your words are very very true my friend!
      The pictures are mostly of our yard, and surrounding area here in Northern Michigan. Glad you liked them.
      ~God Bless~ Lisa

      Delete
  3. How wonderful that you will be visiting the library...as a sub librarian, it is one of my favorite places to visit ;-D

    Thank you for visiting my humble space, it was such a blessing to have 'met' you.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria,

      I am so looking forward to visiting the library regularily again!
      So nice to have met you also.

      ~God bless~ Lisa

      Delete
  4. Hi Lisa! Your pictures of the sunset are glorious. There's some changes taking place over here also, so I won't be on the computer as much either. Will try to keep in touch as much as possible. I so enjoy your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,

      Hope you enjoy your time away from the computer.

      Looking forward to an email now and again?
      I also enjoy your friendship dear lady...Goodness sakes, we are practically neighbors in this fine 'mitten' in which we both live~ LOL!

      Delete
    2. An e-mail would be nice! My part of the mitten is getting pretty soggy these last few days! So happy for the farmers and everything is greening up.

      Delete
    3. We are all a soggy mess!
      It is good though, better than that dry heat.
      But I have lived up north for so long now, I have come to like the cooler climate. Ask me about this again in March, and it will be a different story LOL!

      Delete
  5. Love your beautiful Pictures and poem.. Do what you heve to do.. I will still be here.. We'll stay in touch.. Thank you for the visit and sweet words on mine..Take care and God Bless, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susie,
    Thank you dear. I so enjoy your blog, and I am praying for your brother~ what a terrible thing to have witnessed!
    ~God Bless~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos and a beautiful post! I look forward to continuing to commune with you via blog or e-mail. And you are daily in my prayers .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sunset photos and lovely words. I don't have a great internet hook-up either. I live in a country town and at times I can't get on-line or I get cut off.. Its great to know, we can never be cut off or have a slow system with our Saviour. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisa,
    I had to resort to a satellite for our internet as dial up just doesn't cut it for schooling. Could this be an option for you? It is not as fast as cable but it does a pretty good job.

    Glad to hear you are still going to keep an effort at blogging. :) Praying for you hon.
    <><

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate