Wednesday, August 29, 2012

God Is Able


And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry…And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. (1 Timothy 1:12-14)

So, you might ask, where have I been? I know I said I would try to post once a week. Well, the close of summer is  usually pretty busy around here, with family and friends visiting.
But now you get, not one…but TWO posts from me!
(Please try to contain your excitement, LOL!)
Well, now, if I said I wasn’t slightly tempted to give up the blog, I would be lying. I have had a real crisis of faith when the reality of not having the internet at my fingertips hit me when the plug was pulled! (so to speak)
I realized that I had grown quite lazy accustomed to the ease of looking up scripture that was relevant to whatever the topic I was posting on. And now I have to actually Gasp!…READ the Bible in order to ferret out those scriptures that where once only a googled keyword away!
You see, I have always been a random, seat of her pants kinda' writer. That is the way the Lord made me. I do not think too long about what I want to say when it comes to the Bible, or my faith, or lack thereof, which is what I am going to write about today…
So when I was forced to think a bit longer, and read a bit more for those nuggets of wisdom, in God’s Word..At first I walked around telling my husband (and anyone else who would listen..or pretend to) that I needed two things…a good ‘Strongs’ Concordance, and a Webster’s Dictionary, if I were going to continue to blog.
I am still looking for those two books, but as I am cheap thrifty…I am looking for a deal, and need my son in law to help me find them online. (I just haven’t asked him yet). I know, I know…not good at asking for help.
Okay, so I picked up the laptop a couple of times intending to work on the blog, and soon became daunted as I now needed to work harder, and it took longer, as I could no longer peruse the internet for inspiration such as great images, and Bible commentaries, song lyrics, poems, famous quotes, etc..
However, today after crying over many things, such as my worries about my family…I just decided to lay it all at the feet of Jesus. But, when I wrote them down, one by one and told the Lord I would release it all over to Him to take care of…He asked me to lay down my own will there as well.

 “My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Corinthians 12:9)

So I handed over the burden of “How will I?”, and took up the yoke of “My grace is sufficient for thee.”

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Matt.11:28-30)

And the post ‘My Bible’ just poured out…smoothly, and effortlessly…I even enjoyed writing it!
I hope you enjoy reading it as well.
God is able…and we must always remember, that we are…
Never Forsaken

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    I hear you about reading the Bible on the internet. It is so easy to search things up and not flip through the Bible.

    You can find a free program for downloading the Bible and concordance on your computer. I would offer to look one up but I have not tried any so wouldn't know which one was good.

    Blessings hon,
    <><

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate