Sunday, September 4, 2011

HIS GLORY IN THE CEDARS


I walked down into the forest this evening just as the sun was beginning to set. The cool September air was a gentle reminder of the change of season that lies ahead. I leaned against an old cedar that was slightly tilted towards the path; I pushed myself away from the leaning cedar and walked along the long worn path to sit upon another tree, downed more than two decades ago, an old friend lying in ruin, roots exposed, dried, and bare; This once sturdy cedar had struggled to remain alive until recently, it's roots clinging to the nourishing soil beneath where it lay, now it falters with the weight of me, will it hold? I wonder as I tilt my head as far back as possible to take in the expanse of it's brothers still standing tall. The ground beneath me smells of mushrooms and decay, but it isn't an unpleasant smell, it is the smell of the earth, the way God designed it. The crisp air carries a slight scent of the pines. A hawk flies overhead, I can hear the steady whish, whish of it's wings. How magnificent is this creation, how awesome the Creator!

 My favorite place to go to talk with God. I even go there when the snow is deep. This place is glorious no matter the season & I will share it with you throughout the year.
Psalm 104:16     
The trees of the Lord are watered abundantly, the cedars of Lebanon that he planted.

                                                                      Isaiah 60:13     
The glory of Lebanon shall come to you, the cypress, the plane, and the pine, to beautify the place of my sanctuary, and I will make the place of my feet glorious.
                                                                     Hosea 14:5-7     
I will be like the dew to Israel; he shall blossom like the lily; he shall take root like the trees of Lebanon; his shoots shall spread out; his beauty shall be like the olive, and his fragrance like Lebanon. They shall return and dwell beneath my shadow; they shall flourish like the grain; they shall blossom like the vine; their fame shall be like the wine of Lebanon.
                                                                      Psalm 92:12     
The righteous flourish like the palm tree and grow like a cedar in Lebanon.






4 comments:

Denise said...

Great new look! :) I love the pictures and verses; I can just imagine this perfect place to worship and praise with Him. I'd love to be able to walk out my back door to this beauty. :)

Blessings and love,
Denise

Lori said...

Oh....the forest has always been one of my favorite places to pray and seek God, I wish I had one nearby. For now I will use yours! I can almost hear the wind in the pines.....Lori

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

I love the direction your taking with this! You deserve the style award on my blog- so I award that to you! I gave the Versatility back to you, but yes, style. These trees remind me of Utah, and California. I became a Christian in Utah and used to love going out by a creek to read the Bible for the first time. I could imagine the people in the Bible tromping around the woods. God bless! Think I will redesign Hope Faith & Life soon as well.

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Denise,
Glad you like this. I do not take it for granted, that is why I wanted to share it with you.

Hi Lori,
You are very welcome to use mine! I will enjoy the company :)

Oh Karen,
I am so honored to recieve these awards from you. I am glad you like my style! I hope you will enjoy spending some time in this special place with the Lord. I always look forward to reading your blog! If you want some ideas just check out the link at the top of this blog & see if there's something that says: 'YOU' I actually downloaded a woodsy background & was pleasantly surprised when one of my pictures seemed to match up as a footer:)
~Peace & Blessings In Jesus~
Lisa

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...