Friday, September 30, 2011

Examine Your Heart








I am weary of hearing about so many of God’s children doubting their salvation. It is the enemy’s intention to steal away our JOY..how better to do this than to take away our hope.  This has happened to me more than once, so I know how easily we can be decieved by the enemy of our soul.

Should we examine our conversion experience? Yes we should, but in light of what scripture says, and not as a subjective experience  ie:(this happened to me and I felt like…so it must be.) It is a good thing to feel the presence of God for:( In His presence is fullness of Joy), But ultimately God  reveals Himself to us through His Word which is the only WAY,TRUTH, and LIFE, and His Holy Word is alive in the person of His son Jesus: who is rightfully called The WORD in the Book Of John :

John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2The same was in the beginning with God.
3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
17For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
18No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.


Do you believe this?


9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?… 17So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.  (Romans 10:vs9,10,13,14,&17)

*But what about…

“I Never Knew You”
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’( Matthew 7:21-23)

Let’s ask Jesus what He means by this…

 IN MY NAME….Where does Jesus use these words?

 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. (Mat. 24:5)



1 Oh, that you would bear with me in a little folly—and indeed you do bear with me. 2 For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity[a] that is in Christ. 4 For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!  (2 Corinthians 11:1-4)…
Paul  then goes on to explain his mission for preaching the true gospel12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast. 13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works…

 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."—(John 14:26).

In conclusion....

 Examine your heart..  Is the Holy Spirit of God revealing  who God is to you?  Is the Jesus in your heart the same Jesus of the Holy Bible? the Living Word, the Way the Truth and the Life..If so.. HALLELUJAH!…

*If Not then please read through the above scriptures again..You are a sinner who needs to repent of your sins just as I did over 25 years ago..and you need to believe in your heart that Jesus Christ, the Son Of God died for your sins, paying the price for you so you don’t have to. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD.. (Romans 6:23)



7 comments:

  1. I thank God for the Holy Spirit who has helped me to know that I know that I know that my salvation is real. I need to just turn a deaf ear to Satan when he tries to get me to doubt and you are right, he does. But I know better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot agree with you more! Appreciate you taking the time to share and also the scripture. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so blessed and thankful for the joyful confidence I have in His love and my salvation!! :)

    I love your selection of scripture!

    Blessings and love,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen Lisa! This is a beautiful post. Jesus is our Savior and He is because He loves us more than we can imagine. He promised He would never leave us or forsake us. (Heb 13:5)

    Beautiful post. : ) Thank you for sharing it. And the artwork is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this post, very nicely done. In the book of 1st John, John wrote "I write these things that you may know you have eternal life." We can know for sure that we are saved. If one is in question, they should examine themselves to see if we are in the truth. If they are, then they can rest assured that their names are written the Lambs book of life. The book of 1st John is an excellent book to dive into and find out if you are in the truth. I know many people who struggle with this. This is a most needed post.
    God bless you,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi JBR,
    It's my privilege and joy!

    Hi Denise,
    I'm so glad that I have this assurance now, the nobody can ever pluck us from the Father's hand!

    Hi Karen,
    That's one of my favorite scriptures..
    (Never Forsaken ;)

    Hi Ken,
    I was thinking about doing a post about the books God will open on judgement day. I love 1 John, I was taught many years ago to remember that according to vs.9 we are not only forgiven, but cleansed from sin..I think that is why so many fail to grow after they are saved, they don't realize how thoroughly God cleanses us..(as clean as Jesus) when He forgives us, The pure blood of the Lamb has that power each time we repent of our sins! They sit in a mud puddle with a bar of soap instead of getting out of the puddle and running to the stream of living water to be purified. You are right, 1John really engages us to examine our heart whether we are truly walking in the light of Jesus or not.

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate