Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sparrow # NineMillionNineHundredNinetyNineThousand



Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God Luke 12:6-7
Two days ago my neighbor's cat had her eye on a little sparrow in my front yard...Thankfully so did I. I promptly opened up the window and said: "Don't you even think of touching my bird!" After turning to give me an incredulous glare, the cat ran off.  Now I know that that wild creature does not belong to me,  it belongs to God, everything does.
How awesome to know that out of all His creation, He calls us His sons and daughters, and He watches over us.  Just as I was watching the cat watching the bird, the Lord sees our enemy watchng and waiting for an opportunity to attack us. What I noticed was how the bird didn't even seem to see the cat at all, even though it was only a few feet away; I wonder how close our enemy actually gets sometimes before God chases him away? It's probably best that we can't see the spiritual warfare going on around us!

Psalm 24:1-2
 The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it,
the world, and all who live in it;
for he founded it on the seas
and established it on the waters.


Matthew 6.28-29 Lilies Field Toil Spin Solomon Glory
  * click on image to get free wallpaper*
Luke 12:22-31
Do Not Worry
22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life[b]? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

    

8 comments:

  1. Thanks Lisa- this is a beautiful post. So fun! I'm glad we don't see the unseen too. I'm kind of a wimp. I love the sparrow story- so sweet. You have a very kind heart : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool word picture of how God watches over us. Thanks for sharing this.

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very good comparison! I like that. Nice post!!
    Blessings...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments ladies, I'm glad you liked it. I love it when God shows us stuff through little everyday events.
    ~Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Never Forsaken -

    Thank you!

    I love this message. Especially I love this that you expressed,
    "What I noticed was how the bird didn't even seem to see the cat at all, even though it was only a few feet away;..."

    That moved my soul...

    Oh! How loving, awesome and amazing is our GOD! He ALWAYS wins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi lioneagle,

    Yes, He is loving, awesome and amazing; and we are more than conquerors because of Him!
    ~Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes our eyes are closed and we don't see the enemy approaching. Great Post. God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate