Thursday, June 16, 2011

Are you seeking holiness?

I apologize for not posting for a while
I've been getting into the Word.  I've been almost overwhelmed with questions and needed to seek God for the answers.  I don't have all my questions answered yet, and I believe that until we get to heaven, there's much we won't know.  In fact, I debated whether or not to return to this blog since I became worried that I may be mis- representing the truth in some way since I don't have all the answers.  Satan sure can mess with our minds sometimes, After all, who do I think I am to be even trying to know this stuff?

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.
1 Corinthians 2:15-16 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 2 (Whole Chapter)

Oh Yea! I almost forgot about that!
Even the Lord himself was given knowledge from the Father as needed. So for now we don't know everything, but we know what we need to know when we need to know it! (smiling contently)

So what have I found out lately?
What pearl of wisdom have I to share with you today?
(hint)
It is simple in theory, not so simple in application.
It is this:
God is Holy
And we are to be holy because He is holy.
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
1 Peter 1:15-17 (in Context) 1 Peter 1 (Whole Chapter)

We cannot become holy like him unless we abstain from all evil.

1 Thessalonians 5:21-23

King James Version (KJV)

 21Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
 22Abstain from all appearance of evil.
 23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.


If we draw near to God He will draw near to us,
If we resist the devil, he will flee from us.
James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
James 4:6-8 (in Context) James 4 (Whole Chapter)


Even the best, well meaning christian will have difficulty in this. I mean the things we subject ourselves to, or in some cases, are even unknowingly subjected to in our everyday life must be scrutinized, The games we play, the movies we watch, the stuff we read online or otherwise etc...In the end, there will be no excuses.  If we are faithful and obedient to apply God's formula ( to abstain from all appearances of evil ), then we will be shown with the Holy Spirit's help what is evil, and what is good. We need this more than ever as we approach the last days when evil will be called good, and good will be called evil.
I think it's safe to say that the line that separates good and evil is becoming harder to see as it becomes obscured by what we accept as common. We are in danger of becoming desensitized by what we see every day.

Peace In Jesus,
& remember, We are..
Never Forsaken



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by Lauralee,
    It's important to remember that no matter how much this world changes, God's Word remains the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa -

    This is a superb message. So needed to be expressed.

    We truly need such reminders.

    Holy, Holy, Holy - Lord GOD Almighty...

    2 Corinthians 7:1 - KJV mentions "perfecting holiness in the fear of God."

    Yes, hearty Amens to holiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again -

    I love how your comments are in color. How can I get my comments to be in color, please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra,
    It's a joy to hear from you. Yes, Holiness must be our goal, but the LORD showed me that we must have power from the Holy Spirit in order to grow in holiness,(not the other way around!) all other things are small compared to this. To answer your question about the color for comments: I happened to have done it by accident! What I did was to open dashboard, design, then blogger template designer, then advanced, and all I changed here was the option for color for post titles. It was a pleasant surprise to discover that scriptures that I copy from netbible and comments are also changed to the same color as the post title.

    Peace In Jesus,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate