My Cancer Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Laugh Over Me



  Isaiah 12:2  “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.


It's been quite awhile since I've posted and it looks like I've lost a few of you, but that's OK, it happens, I'll miss you and you are welcome to return if you like someday.
Besides the busyness of the Holidays, I have had a host of internet and computer issues which made it very difficult if not impossible to be able to update my blogs. I actually forgot that I have more than just this one blog until today...I can blame that on chemo-brain. I am having a bit of trouble with short term memory after all, and must write everything down nowadays.

Here are a couple of good examples of what chemo-brain actually looks like:

You watch a good movie or program on TV, only to forget the whole thing by the next morning...You may remember that you liked something that you watched on television...was it last night, or sometime last week? Well anyway, you know you liked it...what was it called again? That's okay, but what was it that you liked about it?  (insert crickets chirping here...for effect)
or... 
You wake up in the morning and go through your usual morning routine, and within five minutes of putting your deodorant on, you are checking to see if you put your deodorant on while brushing your teeth...AGAIN!

There are many more examples...I just can't think of any more at the moment...but since they re-occur pretty much daily, maybe I will write them down so I can remember them for a future post.

  Aah well, when stuff happens,  sometimes all you can do is laugh about it like Sarah did.

 And Sarah said, “God has made laughter for me; everyone who hears will laugh over me.”
Gen. 21:6
...So please laugh over and with me, my friends, whenever I share my journey through the fog with you...I can do little about it, so I might as well delight in the humor it adds to my life!

*Edit*
I've given up on trying to update the other blogs...my internet connection is just too unpredictable...Sorry :( 

Oh, and by the way.....

~HAPPY 2016!~

My word for this year is:

~ TRUST~
  
 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.”
Psalm 9:10

~Blessings & Love~
and always remember,
we are...
~NEVER FORSAKEN~ 

  

14 comments:

Denise said...

I love you sweet friend, praying for you.

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

Oh Lisa! Thank you for sharing! You are not alone my friend. I have pulled some crazy stunts and like you said all you can do is laugh about them. I have really considered doing a series of posts about those things---just haven't gotten to the computer to do it. I may have forgotten some of them...lol - well important details anyway. But you know how that feels.
Oh and your not alone on losing followers either- I lost several too. It disappoints me - but hey - I guess it was time for them to move on.
I really do enjoy you sharing about your journey and what ever else is going on in your life because it helps encourage me as well.
Stay Strong and Thrive, Lisa :O)

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

Oh by the way - I tried to check out your other blog and it says it is open to invited reader only...

Never Forsaken said...

Oh thank you so much for letting me know, Lisa...It should work for you now!
((hugs))

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you so much for your prayers, Denise...Prayer works wonders, as you well know!
Love you too ((hugs))

Never Forsaken said...

Boy, the irony just hit me...that was a good example of chemo brain, thinking I already made the blog public...LOL!

Reformed rebel said...

Hi Lisa ~ Well I'm still following you...can't get rid of me that easy. LOL Sorry for the memory problems you're having. Will pray it gets better. Going over to our other blog now.
Blessings and hugs...Chelle

Alex said...

I hope the memory gradually improves over time...oily fish? (Hope that made sense!)...Hope that you are keeping well otherwise.
OOh I like the sound of the Forest Cabin, will definitely be visiting.
If it's any comfort, the other day I tried to put a pair of reading glasses over the top of ones I had forgotten I was already wearing!! ^o^ Honestly..

Never Forsaken said...

I am so very DELIGHTED to know that you are sticking with me, my friend!!!
Thanks for your prayers...you have mine as well. ((hugs))~Lisa

Never Forsaken said...

LOL!, thanks for sharing about the glasses, Alex! Yes...it is helpful for some strange reason.
I give my dog fish oil three times daily (when I remember to) for his skin condition...Is that what you mean by oily fish? Personally, I gag on it too much to be able to take it.
The chemo affects the part of the brain where memory is, causing damage...sometimes it gets better, sometimes it is permanent. They really don't know why.

Sharon said...

Lisa, you haven't lost me, and as soon as I post this comment, I'll head over and check out your other blog. I love your perspective on your cancer journey. I know of few people who would invite us to laugh along over the travails of chemo-brain! But, this is (only) one of the reasons that I so admire you. You find a way to find God's *silver lining* in life. In this attitude, you inspire me!

GOD BLESS!

Susie Swanson said...

God Bless you dear friend. Hugs and Love.

Never Forsaken said...

So glad to have you as my blog friend, Sharon! I'm sorry I took down the other blog...this internet connection is just too uncertain these days. I'm hoping to at least keep updated on this one still.
I love the idea of a "silver lining" in Gods plan for our life.
I keep telling my friend to look for golden rays of sonshine each day...no matter how dark and dreary it may seem. I totally believe that!
You inspire me as well, my friend. Adversity is adversity regardless the circumstance. ((hugs))

Never Forsaken said...

Oh thank you so much, sweet Susie! I'm praying for God to bless you daily with comfort and peace and joy this year...You've been through so much. ((hugs))

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD!

HAPPY 8TH B-DAY, BUD! I think he's had too many birthday cookies already today!