My Cancer Blog

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Family Tree Epic Fail!

001

First of all, in case anyone missed the update to my last post...I am fine! I thank you for your prayers and encouragement...and above all, I thank the Lord for bringing me through another fearful event in the cancer journey....Jeremiah 29:11-13 was my handle to hold onto through the storm.

Now, as I mentioned in that last post I was researching my father's family and I started to research my mother's side also. I made quite a lot of progress with my mother's side of the tree, but did not get any leads on my father's side regarding his sister's or his daughter's cause of death.

I wanted to share with you something kind of funny that happened when I was constructing my mother's family tree:
I got so hooked on the research and getting new hints and such, that I hardly noticed when I started to get really sick with the flu, so I just continued until I realized that I was sweating profusely and getting chills. I closed down the program and went to bed. I stayed there for a couple of days very sick with the flu.
When I felt a bit better, I opened the program to resume my research and looked at the family tree that I had constructed earlier... and to my utter dismay, I had somehow arranged it so that my grandmother had married her own mother! (Sorry Grandma)...
The moral of my story:
NEVER try to build your family tree when you are running a fever of 101 degrees!
Some other things that are happening around here...Well, there's nothing too major...Which is probably a good thing.
One of the (little) things that has changed is I am using Jeff's laptop now...so I need to get used to it. My laptop has fan problems, and also needs to be plugged in all the time now. I can barely use it. I do miss the windows 'Live writer' program from my laptop...In case you are not familiar with that program, it allows you to write a blog post while offline. This is very handy to those of us with limited or unstable internet connections.
Also, my daughter Sam and her husband gave Jeff and I their old iPhones...We are really enjoying them, and were able to close our home phone account and save some money by using these phones instead.
Here's some recent photos taken with my iPhone:










As you can see from these photos, It has been very cold in Northern Michigan, which is expected this time of year, and as in many other places, we have been experiencing some colder than normal temperatures...many days have been in the negatives these last two weeks, but it is getting warmer.
The last two pictures were taken in Tawas City located on the eastern side of Michigan on the shore of Lake Huron. I was born just south of there in Port Huron. I've always been drawn to the Great Lakes, even though I live pretty far away from any of them now. I can remember when my mother was still alive and I would travel down there to visit...I would always stop first at the shore to watch the ships.
If we travel straight east...we will arrive at the place pictured above, and if we travel west we will be in Ludington on the shores of Lake Michigan.



And if we drive as far North as possible...crossing the Mackinac Bridge into the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and continue North until we run out of land...we will be at my favorite place in Michigan here:
Whiefish Pointe

Thanks for visiting...and Lord willing, I will get caught up with everyone's blogs real soon.
Love you all~

~Blessings & Love~
and remember, we are...
~NEVER FORSAKEN~








17 comments:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

LOL - I love it when we can find the humor in the silly things we do. Laughter is a good medicine for the soul.
I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. Enjoyed having a bit of a tour of Michigan.
Lisa :O)

Jane said...

Wonderful news about your health, Lisa! We took pictures of our dog in the snow too. Seems like the only thing to do with it, at this point. Haven't been to Whitefish Pointe in ages. Used to be the place to fish. Went to Port Huron last week. The wind was whipping snow across the roads and we had to drive around several drifts. It looked just like the North Pole. I love this wild land!

Never Forsaken said...

I am just happy that I went back to that website and checked it...Can you imagine if I had left the family tree like that? lol
I love this state, but the winter months are kind of tough for most of us...Very different than Texas!

Never Forsaken said...

We still have lots of family in Port Huron...and we are due for a visit just as soon as the weather calms. We took that trip to Tawas City Sunday, it was the first Sunday Jeff did not have to work plowing the roads up here. Buddy looks like he loves the outdoors, but he has a five minute limit before he wants back inside...Sasha (the husky) has to be forced back inside before she freezes to the porch...She is elderly now, and stiffens up if left out too long.
I love this state...I do miss living near the water though...We do have all these tall pines up here so the drifts are usually not too bad until we get out towards Clare where the land flattens out a bit.
There is a good fishing spot just east of where I took that photo...Every time we've been there people were pulling some nice fish out from there...and Mackinac City has some great tasting white fish caught fresh every day! Now that we have a camper again, we are planning to spend some time exploring this summer. I can't wait!

Jane said...

Hi Lisa! It's me again! Have you ever thought of taking turmeric aka circumin? It's supposed to prevent cancer, as a matter of fact, a major drug company is working on an anti-cancer drug using it (circumin) right now. You need to take it with black pepper because it increases it going into your system 2000 fold. We take it and started giving it to our dog because he was getting arthritis. Worked wonders for him. Anyway, there's lots of article on the net about it, and you might want to talk to your doctor about it. Can't hurt, since it's a natural herb.

Connie Arnold said...

Definitely not a good idea to try to do anything important when your temperature is 101! So glad you are better. Nice photos!

Never Forsaken said...

Hello again, Jane
I put time tic on just about everything!
I get regular emails from the American Cancer Society with all sorts of information.
It's one of five spices that are most beneficial against cancer.
I did not know they were putting it into a medicine though!
That's great!

Never Forsaken said...

I'm on my phone so spell check replaced Tumeric with whatever that was up there ! Sorry ;)

child of God said...

Hi Lisa,
Glad to hear you are over the flue and are just fine!! Thank You Father for protecting my sister. :)

I love your pictures! I guess spring will be visiting you soon.

Take care of yourself and stay healthy.

Always praying for you dear one.
<><

samantha said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! I love whitefish point and would love to go there with you soon! Can't wait to visit you! Xoxo

Never Forsaken said...

Thanks, Connie
I learned that lesson well! lol

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you, Sweetie...Yes, Spring is in the air!

Never Forsaken said...

We should make a plan to go...Maybe for your Birthday?
I can't wait either...call me to set up a date for when you guys are coming!
<3 ((hugs)) XX

Brenda said...

Glad you have got over the flu Lisa, and the Lord's thoughts certainly are for our welfare. He is not a man that He should lie. I am a lover of saving money too, I hate waste but I love bargains. It probably comes from the my grandfather on my mother's side, who was Jewish. He was great with using money wisely, but very kind at helping those in need too.
God bless you with the good health promised in His Word.

Jedidja said...

Yes, with the flu you do strange things. You make me laugh. I hope you recover from the flu soon and I enjoyed your snow pictures

Susie Swanson said...

You are also in my thoughts and prayers daily my sweet friend. I sure hope you're doing better. You've had your own battles to fight but with God's help we're going to prevail. Love and lots of Blessings, xo

Jane said...

Happy Easter, Lisa!

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...