Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Still Waiting…

IMG_1606

I’m still waiting for the results from the brain MRI I had last week.
It wasn’t exactly the greatest experience…getting the scan.
There was a series of blunders throughout. (I won’t get into the details on here)…Let’s just say I’m glad it’s all over. I have my regular appointment on Friday for the Herceptin infusion, and the doctor will likely go over the scan with me.

I got a CD with the images on it to keep…I looked at it, and I probably shouldn’t have because of course I thought I saw something strange on it!

Lord, help me not to have such an imagination…but that is how the Lord made me, I guess…So in order not to drive myself (and everybody around me) crazy, I will just leave it up to God and the experts in the field of reading MRI’s.

We had a fun week with Sarah and Josh and their two dogs staying with us while they got an electrical problem worked out at their house…They returned to their own home late last night and I miss them already!

The last time I went to the oncologist I met and was able to counsel a woman who was there for her first chemo…She and her husband were very scared, but I am happy to report that she is doing well, and I was blessed to have been able to offer her some comfort during that most difficult time. I will likely see her again on Friday.
It was also a sad day that day as I  met another woman who was there with her 21 year old daughter. Her daughter told me that her mother had been in remission from breast cancer for thirteen years, and  now it had returned and was in her spine. She is still a young woman, and I can only imagine what she must be going through. Her daughter seemed very loving and supportive…Her Mother’s name is Rosemary…My prayers go out to her.
I’ve been taking so many pictures, and am having a hard time deciding which ones to share with you all…We’ve been keeping busy throughout the summer, and having lots of fun. Even though the picture I am sharing with you today is not one of my best…I like it because I just got done watching a bunch of TV shows about sharks for ‘Shark Week’…

Da…dum…
IMG_1683

…Dadum…Dadum * (theme music from ‘Jaws’)*
IMG_1682 

Do you see the shark in the sky? (I sure hope you do, otherwise I might be going crazy!)
I took this picture on our way home from Indiana last month…while we were watching some pretty scary looking wall clouds forming overhead!

And here are a couple of my favorites from our trip back to the city park and zoo in Lafayette:
IMG_1591IMG_1592
  1.   But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.  Isaiah 40:31  -

IMG_1604

~BLESSINGS & LOVE~
and remember, we are…
~NEVER FORSAKEN~

16 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about all the problems with your MRI. I will be praying that you get good results.
    Glad to hear that you have had a lot of fun lately.
    It is really neat that God is giving your opportunities to share His love with others when you go to your appointments.
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, I pray you are doing well.
      Hopefully it has cooled down some for you in Texas.
      I know God always has a plan for us no matter where we are!

      Delete
  2. Oh Lisa, still praying and waiting alongside you for the results of the MRI. Has the dizziness resolved at all? And yet, in the middle of it all, there you are ministering to the needs of others. Bless your heart.

    Glad to hear that you had such a nice visit with your family. I just spent a few days with my mom, and also got to see my sons and daughter-in-law, and my grandbeagle - always love that!!

    And yes!! I see the shark! So, it's either really there in those clouds or we're both crazy...(I think we're crazy! Hee hee!)

    My love to you, and as always, GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I'm not crazy, my Mother had me tested" (Sheldon Cooper, from the Big Bang Theory)
      How funny...I guess I am getting tested (MRI).... :D
      The dizziness has gotten a bit better actually! I am no longer holding up the walls all the time ;)
      Blessings & Love, to you too!

      Delete
  3. Dear friend Lisa, I am praying with you as you await the results of your MRI, and as you have another infusion this Friday. It touches me that you are given opportunities to be a channel of blessing in the lives of others walking the road you have been on. Oh, I am praying for Rosemary too... that she will have the comfort of knowing Jesus is with her in the seasons of her life. Lovely photos... yup, I see the shark in the clouds. Reading your posts gives me so much joy... have a wonderful new day that is just about to begin for you! Love, Lidia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my friend, I'm glad you like the shark photo.
      Thank you so much for your prayers and kind words of encouragement!
      Blessings and much love, to you~ Lisa

      Delete
  4. Hi Lisa,
    Remember the Lord's promises to us regarding your scan Lisa - all the promises of God are 'yes' in Jesus, including healing us from all our diseases. The shark in the sky reminds me of the spiritual predator trying to rob us of our Heavenly blessings ( as in your imagination regarding the scan cd ).

    Do not doubt the Lord's blessings Lisa. That is a perfect scripture with the eagles to set your mind upon. It is lovely that you are able to comfort others who are going through the same things Lisa, when we have empathy we have sympathy.

    Glad that you have had a lovely time with your daughter and son in law.

    God bless you and those who you have comforted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda,
      Yes, the scripture is perfect...I love how God always gives us the words we need!
      That is a very good analogy about the shark...especially when you consider that it is our imaginations that conjure up such things ...when the reality is much different than what we 'think' we see!
      God bless you too, my dear friend.

      Delete
  5. Hi Lisa,

    Praying these scan results are clear and that your mind will be at ease. Sorry about the MRI issues, I'm sure it wasn't a pleasant day. (((Hugs)))

    I love these pictures and I can totally see the shark. :) I love looking at all the different shapes in the clouds.

    Blessings and many prayers my friend.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your continued prayers, Sweetie!
      Yes, i have such a good imagination and am often gazing at the clouds or the stars...Trouble is, it is very difficult to see them very clearly where I live with all these tall trees...It is usually while Jeff is driving that I see the skyline...and I am forever asking him if he sees this or that in the sky...Not too safe while one is driving!
      Blessings to you too, dear friend.

      Delete
  6. Hi Lisa- I do see the shark : ) No worries though he's full of hot air, argh argh argh argh... I'm with you I hate medical testing. Part of being artists is our imagination and well, that's a good thing and not so much.

    Dear Heavenly Father, I pray You will bless Lisa with peace and that all bad news will turn to good. I pray Your hand will be with her and that she will know Your awesome love is surrounding her. In Jesus Name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this prayer, dear Karen...And you are so right about the artist imagination pros and cons!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. And just when you thought it was safe to go back in the skies again, LOL!

      Delete
  8. Lisa, You've been such a light and an inspiration to those of us who read your blog and it's good to hear you have been doing that to others you come in contact with also. I'm praying you get a good report from your MRI.
    Let us know. thanks, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for praying, Peggy...I will let you know as soon as I do. I will know for sure tomorrow at my appointment.
      God bless

      Delete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate