Monday, November 11, 2013

More Lessons From Nature

As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God.
Psalm 42:1

In my last post I mentioned that I was going to rake some leaves.
I did, and it probably wouldn’t have taken me as long if I could  have kept from looking at all the pretty patterned leaves!

CIMG3157 This one really caught my eye…It reminded me of life and death, and I could see the story of the sacrificial death of Jesus painted on it. The left side symbolic of his suffering and death, and the right side sure looks like blood, doesn’t it?…the way the water is pooled on top of the red color!…That made me think of the blood of the savior as the source of eternal life!
and then when my husband came home from work later that day, we continued raking into the dark hours of evening until we received a text that my husband’s friend had shot a deer for us, and wanted us to come get it.
My husband is very allergic to deer hide, so this meant that I had to do the dirty work of packing the doe with ice to keep until morning when the butcher shop opened.
Since I was very sore from raking, it was a task to climb up into our four wheel drive truck in order to take care of things. But I was glad for the meat and so I was not complaining!
At one point, my tender heart tugged a little when I looked at the doe’s face…those eyes! And then I studied her feet and thought about the scripture about hind’s feet in high places, and imagined the deer running through the forest and meadows only hours ago and I got a bit sad.

He makes my feet like hinds' feet, And sets me upon my high places. Psalm 18:33

But I heard the Lord ask me why I was sad when He sent us one of His creatures to nourish us with? I then thanked Him and I thanked the doe for her sacrifice. (I know that sounds corny) And I had already thanked my husband’s friend…who is a very good shot, and because of that we know that she did not suffer…it was a kill shot.
After I was finished with the deer in the truck, I had much trouble getting down from the truck and my husband helping me by the arm (being careful not to touch my gloved hands), said “Thank you for your sacrifice.” to which I replied “Glad to do it.” but he told me he was talking to the deer…Of course! ha-ha-ha! He thanked me too though.

CIMG3161CIMG3168CIMG3184

~Blessings & Love~
And always remember that we are…
~NEVER FORSAKEN~
~ PRAYING FOR THE VICTIMS OF THE DEADLY TYPHOON IN THE PHILIPPINES~

16 comments:

  1. He has blessed us with everything we need. Our Lord gave us the deer...then another animal became the deer's meal...and so on. We must keep a thankful heart at all times. Knowing always that He is the creator of all things. m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria,
      Sometimes we just don't remember from whom all good things come...It is good to have this mindset always.
      God bless~ Lisa

      Delete
  2. I understand thanking the deer for its sacrifice - I would have done the same thing.

    Your post also reminded that one day all of God's creation will be restored to its original perfection. Then all of God's creatures will live in peace, and death will no longer touch us.

    THAT is going to be a great day!!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Won't that be wonderful, no more death or sadness...everyone will be content with where they live, and what they wear and eat...because we will be with Jesus who, even now...provides these things here on earth.

      Delete
  3. Hi Lisa,
    Father provides for all of our needs but that doesn't mean we don't work for it. I have had to deal with many dead animals and never is it easy or do I not think about the life they have lived and thank Father for them.

    Blessings hon,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sweetie,
      Yes, it is a good kind of work...very fulfilling. Father knows it is good for us to participate in His provision for our needs, just like we have taught our children how to work with their hands and with their minds...all tools the Lord gives us. It is a reminder of the fallen state of man when we have to draw blood (the life of the animal), in order to sustain our bodies because we need the protein that meat amply supplies to us. But God blesses us when we are thankful...and nothing He has created is lost to Him either....(that is what I believe).
      ~God bless~

      Delete
  4. what a funny little ending!
    and what a dear husband too!

    I really admire how scripture abounds to your mind in certain situations. Me too! I think it would be hard for me not to have a sort of emotional moment when seeing my source of food be the sacrifice it first is.

    The analogy of the leaf- I like it:) I love how the Lord is in our every moments.
    Blessings and Love to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Lisa, thank God for these animals whose lives had to be sacrificed in order to nourish our bodies! Funny that conversation with your husband lol

    The two sides of the leaf resonated with me. Life and death. But thinking of Jesus, there is only life...

    Thank you for the inspiration, Lisa! Much love to you and God bless! ♡ :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that leaf and was so happy I had my camera (phone) on me so I could take a picture of it...Me and my husband have many conversations like that one...I am so glad he has a good sense of humor, otherwise he may think he married an idiot, lol!

      Blessings and love~

      Delete
  6. He provides for us so well. Another inspiring post Lisa. I always feel so uplifted when I visit you. Hope you got some rest. Blessings and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you so much Susie...That means a lot!
      I am well rested, thank you~ God bless

      Delete
  7. I just found your blog on Connie's blog. This is a wonderful lesson. The Lord does provide for us. This is an inspiring post. You got a good meaning from the leaves on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda,
      I am so glad you found this to be inspiring :)
      I believe God uses all the little things around us, like that leaf, to remind us of him and his word.
      ~Blessings~ Lisa

      Delete
  8. Men!! LOL...thank you for your sacrifice. I have never eaten deer, but I imagine it was also very heavy and hard work for you. How great t have a butcher to cut it up.
    What a lovely heart you have, looking at that leaf and thinking of jesus and His sacrifice... keep looking! Many of us miss those speacial moments. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, LOL! Thankfully my husband's friend transferred it from the bed of his truck into my husband's truck, so I did not have to move her too much.
      I nearly missed that leaf...I chided myself for wasting time focusing on the leaves, slowing the work...But I'm glad I got a picture of it.
      ~Blessings~Lisa

      Delete
  9. Lisa, this is my first time to experience fall first hand. The leaves with their different colors and patterns are indeed beautiful. And about the deer, a few weeks ago we would have deer in our back yard here, and I really love taking photos of them. Such graceful, gentle creatures. So sad to have them killed, but I agree with you they are God's provision for food. This is my favorite season of all. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...
Sorry, no robots allowed...you don't have thoughts.

Translate