Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Birthday Buddy!

CIMG3234framed

Thanksgiving 2013

Me and Jeff... *Notice that I am holding his hand down...He kept trying to do bunny ears on me, which made me laugh!

CIMG3212
CIMG3206

Youngest daughter Sarah and Son in law Josh

CIMG3223CIMG3226

Inside looking out on this black white Friday

For those not familiar with the term 'Black Friday'...Here's (part of) wiki's definition:

The day's name originated in Philadelphia, where it originally was used to describe the heavy and disruptive pedestrian and vehicle traffic which would occur on the day after Thanksgiving. Use of the term started before 1961 and began to see broader use outside Philadelphia around 1975. Later an alternative explanation was made: that retailers traditionally operated at a financial loss ("in the red") from January through November, and "Black Friday" indicates the point at which retailers begin to turn a profit, or "in the black". For large retail chains like Wal-Mart, their net income is positive starting from January 1, and Black Friday can boost their year to date net profit from $14 billion to $19 billion.

 Our definition of it around here:

A good day to stay home and sleep in where it's safe!

When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
    for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
 She makes coverings for her bed;
    she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
    where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
She makes linen garments and sells them,
    and supplies the merchants with sashes.
 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
    she can laugh at the days to come.


A virtuous woman...Proverbs 31:21-25

~Blessings & Love~
And remember, we are...

~NEVER FORSAKEN~

14 comments:

Maria said...

What a lovely family you have...and yes it is a good day to be home :-) m.

Reformed rebel said...

Hi Lisa ~ Great picture of you and your family....even the furry ones!! Give Buddy an extra Birthday hug for me!!

Blessings
Chelle

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Maria,
Thank you...I appreciate each and everyone one of my children...Home really is where my heart is!

Never Forsaken said...

Thanks Chelle,
Buddy appreciates all the hugs he can get!
God bless~ Lisa

child of God said...

Hi Lisa,
Happy 4th Birthday Buddy!! Lovely pics!
Bunny ears. :) Well, he sure does know how to bring out that beautiful smile of yours.

You know, I never heard of black Friday until I started blogging and now we have stores here in Canada that are holding black Friday deals! I don't know when this started but this year I received lots of emails saying there were black Friday deals going on and to come on out. Which I did not go. I don't like crowds and the thought of heading into one on purpose, well, I believe you can relate.

Blessings hon,
<><

Never Forsaken said...

Yes, I can relate!

~God bless~

Deanna said...

Happy Birthday Buddy!!!
The white Friday was a most BEST way to spend it than getting out to 'survive' black Friday, lol!!
What a beautiful family:) Ya'll look so happy!
Blessings, Deanna
PS- thanks for the love and support over at my blog:)

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

Hi Lisa you and your husband are so cute : ) You look great together lots of joy! Winter is coming to New Jersey too, the Fall leaves are in our townhouse courtyards now instead of on the trees. I miss the colors already but know Winter is a great time to dig into my art projects. Sooo I best seize the days.

God bless!
Karen

Alexandra Rose said...

Sorry I missed this earlier! (been away) I would be first in line to give Buddy a cuddle, if I could ~ what sweet faces, animal AND human : )
Your home looks winter ~ cosy, and I enjoyed my visit!
xx

Brenda said...

Hi Lisa,
what lovely, happy family pics (please wish Buddy a 'happy birthday' from me). My husband and myself were wondering what 'Black Friday' was. It appears to be on an Asda store advert over here for the first time ever, but I think Asda and Wal - Mart are the same company.
God bless

Never Forsaken said...

Awe, thanks Deanna!
God bless~ Lisa

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Karen,
I am setting up the easel in anticipation for a long winter!
Seize the day...God bless!

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Alex,
Buddy loves cuddles...Glad you enjoyed your visit here!
~God bless~ Lisa

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Brenda,
Well, hold on to your hat my friend...It appears the black Friday bug is spreading all over the place...the shops don't want to miss out on all that money making I guess. It's best to stay home since here in the States there is often much violence amongst the shoppers...In fact there was at least two deaths this year...People get so crazy over buying "stuff"...And the whole purpose of this season is to commemorate the Saviors birth...the Savior who told us to treat others like we would like to be treated...and to enjoy the gifts that are free...like love and like eternal life through Him...It is appalling!
~God bless~

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...