My Cancer Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Choose Your Path




Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. (Psalm 16:11)


When we are young we find ourselves at many crossroads. When we are older, we find ourselves at fewer crossroads, but now we are able to look back on our journey and know which paths led us astray and which paths led us towards our goals. The problem with doing this however is that it is too late once you have walked the wrong path, you can not go back and choose differently, you can not live your life over again now that you know the right way!
You must decide to start a brand new journey from right where you are now.
This time do not embark on this journey alone..That didn't work before did it?



Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
(John 14:6)


 

 Jesus knows the way you must go, but it is not an easy path. You will need to follow Him very closely.


Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
(Matthew 7:14) .. words of Jesus Christ


Jesus will lead the way...

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 

He maketh me to lie down in green  pastures:

he leadeth me beside the still waters. 

He restoreth my soul:

he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 

 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:

thou anointest  my head with oil;

 my cup runneth over. 

 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:

and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

(Psalm 23)


Luke 9:62. But Jesus said to him, "No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."


Lot's wife looking back
James E. McConnel
(1903-1995)

Whenever God tells us not to look back, we should trust that He means it!

... but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
( Philippians 3:13 )

  Keep moving forward, don't let anything block your way...Listen to your shephard when he warns you of a stumbling block on the path ahead. Don't stop to listen to any other voice telling you to stop or turn around.
Sometimes the stumbling blocks become our stepping stones.





So if the Devil is whispering into your ear telling you how unworthy you are to follow this new path,  perhaps reminding you of a past sin, ..just tell him what Jesus told him:

Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. (Matthew 16:23)

When you do this you will be leaving the devil behind you; Jesus will lead you on the right path. Don't look behind you. The cares of this world will only cast a shadow upon your path with Christ... Don't worry, a shadow can not hurt you
“The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?” (Psalms 27:1)
unless you turn away from the light of Jesus and try to walk alone through the darkness.






 It's your choice...

 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
(John 3:18)

 “I am the light of the world; he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” (John 8:12)
(Words spoken by Jesus Christ)




Journeying on...


6 comments:

Child of God said...

Hi Lisa,
This is beautifully put together. You could make this into a track to be handed out.

I love the pictures, really good choice.

Blessings,
<><

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you Child Of God for the nice compliment! :)

~God Bless You~

Reformed rebel said...

Hi Lisa ~ This is a really good post. Very well written and put together. What you said is so true. We can't go back and try a new path. Hopefully some will read this and see the truth in your words and change their direction. Get on the right path. Thanks for your comment on my post and for your encouragement you always give.
Blessings to you...Chelle

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Chelle,
This is my hope as well, I know what it is to find yourself lost in the dark and needing to find Jesus to light the way out.
Thank you for stopping in.
~God BlessYou~

Jacob15 said...

Thank you for this...


Blessings be with you..

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Jacob15,
You are very welcome..I have only had time to take a quick peek at your blog and all I can say is how refreshing it is to see a young Christian walking so closely with Jesus!
I will be sure to visit again~Thanks for your visit too~
~God Bless~

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...