My Cancer Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Stiff Necked

I awoke this morning with a stiff neck. I am not surprised, I anticipated this. My husband and I have been working on our bathroom and we replaced all the drywall. I worked well into the night putting a coat of primer on the ceiling and walls. Today I will try to at least get the area done where the washer/dryer goes so that I can get the laundry done.

I have arthtitis in my spine, and have been having trouble with my neck for a few years now, this is going to take a toll I am sure. I hope I don't end up in therapy, but that is the requirement of the insurance company if I seek medical help for my arthritis. Oh well, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger or something like that right?

I can't believe how late I slept in this morning. I was exhausted after last night. I feel like climbing back into bed now. I am ignoring the headache that is beginning to take a grip. I have been hearing a lot about that Higgs particle, otherwise known as the "God particle". I understand the science, but I fear the creator of us all will intercept if & when this particle is harnessed , I don't believe it can be. I can't help but think of what happened with the Tower Of Babel.



Genesis 11 - The Tower of BabelGenesis 11:1 Now the whole earth had one language and few
words. 2 And as men migrated from the east, they found a plain in the land of
Shinar and settled there. 3 And they said to one another, "Come, let us make
bricks, and burn them thoroughly." And they had brick for stone, and bitumen for
mortar. 4 Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower with
its top in the heavens, and let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be
scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth." 5 And the LORD came down to
see the city and the tower, which the sons of men had built. 6 And the LORD
said, "Behold, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is
only the beginning of what they will do; and nothing that they propose to do
will now be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down, and there confuse their
language, that they may not understand one another's speech." 8 So the LORD
scattered them abroad from there over the face of all the earth, and they left
off building the city. 9 Therefore its name was called Ba'bel, because there the
LORD confused the language of all the earth; and from there the LORD scattered
them abroad over the face of all the earth.


Perhaps this will be our Tower of Babel?

I can not help but be fascinated by science, I love physics and wish I had spent more time learning. I love my creator more though, so I have spent much time learning of Him instead. I look forward to the next Big Bang that is a shout from Jesus calling me home!

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words. 1 Thess. 4:15-18
Perhaps this is a good time to heed this warniing from Moses again:

 27For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the LORD; and how much more after my death? 28Gather unto me all the elders of your tribes, and your officers, that I may speak these words in their ears, and call heaven and earth to record against them. 29For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands. (Deut. 31)

That kind of stiff neck will get one in great trouble with the Lord!

Well, I wish I had all day to just sit here and write stuff, but I must finish my coffe, check email, put on my 'painting clothes', and get to work..I am waiting for my arthritis medicine to kick in so that I can move. I have taken care of the dogs, and made the bed, I wish I could just climb back into it!

7 comments:

Child of God said...

I am sorry to hear that your back and neck are bothering you so much. I will be in prayer for you today.

I miss your posts, hope you will be back at it soon!

Blessings,
<><

Reformed rebel said...

So sorry you're not feeling well. I will pray for you.

GOD bless...Chelle

Lon said...

I will be praying for God's healing for you in Christ Jesus name.

God bless,
Lon

Ken said...

I pray for your back to be healed. I too am looking forward to that shout from heaven calling me home. Thant will be awesome.
God bless and Merry Christmas,
Ken

Never Forsaken said...

Thanks everyone for your sweet prayers and concern..I am feeling much better now and have finished the painting.. & My neck hardly even hurts anymore! ...I accidently knocked out the power to the bathroom, but it happened as soon as I finished the job, so I am done for the day..My husband handles wiring fixtures, not me..ie: (He fixes what I break LOL).I'm praising Jesus today and looking forward to visiting blogs!

~God Bless You~
Lisa

Laurie Collett said...

Excellent post, Lisa! Stiff necks due to pride, as Moses wrote about, will only distance us from God, but He will bless and reward us richly if we have stiff necks from looking up for His return! We'll cast at His feet the special crown for those who love His appearing!(2 Timothy 4:8) Look up, for your redemption draws nigh! (Luke 21-28)
Praying for your speedy recovery!
Love and God's blessings to you,
Laurie
http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you Laurie for your thoughtful insight into this post. I hope to never become stiff-necked again from rebellion against the Lord. Physical pain is bearable, the pain of living separate from our Lord is not!
~God Bless~
Lisa

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...