Thursday, December 9, 2021

THE WINDS OF DOCTRINE



..that we henceforth be no longer children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine by the sleight of men and their cunning and craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;..
                                                                     Ephesians 4:14
 
 "I'm a Christian!"
"I believe in God too!"
"I believe in Jesus!"
"I'm also a believer!"
...All good to hear, but we mustn't stop at these statements, believing that our mission to tell people the good news of the gospel of Jesus the Christ is complete. 
 
Lets continue the dialogue...

"That's so awesome you are a Christian..How did you come to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior?"
The answer to this will vary in how exactly the circumstances surrounding a person's conversion played out..BUT..The TRUTH will always be present, and it will always boil down into the same thing.
"I was.......And I HEARD (or read) THE WORD of God (Bible~Holy scriptures). I realized, knew, felt, BELIEVED IN MY HEART that Jesus is real, what He did for me actually happened because I AM A SINNER and He, BEING THE ONLY SON OF GOD, WAS PERFECT (SINLESS). He took my place on that cross..took MY PUNISHMENT..SUFFERED THE DEATH THAT I DESERVE!
Now, I know that when I die (physical death)  My spirit will leave my earthly body and be present with Jesus. Someday my body will be transformed and I will be resurrected to a life lived with my Savior in Heaven (Wherever He is) for all of eternity. BECAUSE HE WAS RESURRECTED Himself and HE PROMISED HE WOULD DO THE SAME THING FOR ME!" 
 
 “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: that if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.  For with your heart you believe and are justified, and with your mouth you confess and are saved.Romans 10:9-10
 
And lets not forget where Jesus came from, and why he was not only a mere human being.
 

Isaiah's Oracle

Over seven hundred years before Jesus was born, the prophet Isaiah wrote.

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign: Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. (meaning 'God with us')

Isaiah 7:14

Jesus is fully human, yet fully God (Divine) There's so much to say about this . Here is a good source for an explanation for this statement of belief:

Jesus fully God, fully man


"Who is Jesus to you?"
 
Jesus the Christ may be many things to many people..You have your own examples, I am sure..as do I; but there are some important scriptural descriptions of exactly who Jesus is, most of which was written even before he walked the earth in human form.
But, for the sake of this essay..Let's start with who Jesus says he is:

The woman said to him, “I know that Messiah is coming (he who is called Christ). When he comes, he will tell us all things.”   Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am he.”(John 24:25-26)

 He said to them, But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus answered him, Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. ( Matthew 16:15)
 
When I was a new Christian I read this famous statement about who Jesus is: 
 
 In his famous book Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis makes this statement,

 “A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic–on the level with a man who says he is a poached egg–or he would be the devil of hell. You must take your choice. Either this was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse. You can shut him up for a fool or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us.”

And finally, lets take another look at what Jesus says about himself that answers another age-old question ..

"Are there other ways to get to the Father in heaven?"

 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

* IMPORTANT MESSAGE* 

I did not write this post in order to judge other people..No, This is only to serve as a reminder that we must not just accept what someone says regarding their faith in Christ and then just leave them there where they are, because they might need more! They might not know that they need to know more than what they know. 

For a more thorough teaching on this from my blog you can read here:

NO OTHER WAY

Thank you for taking the time to read through this rather lengthy post. I hope it's in some way helpful to your own journey in your walk with the Lord.

Blessings & Love,

and remember, we are...

~NEVER FORSAKEN~

9 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi Lisa,
I just came over to your blog after answering your comment on mine with a couple of scriptural sentences. How wonderful when I found your post FULL of the TRUTH of God's WORD. Nothing is coincidence, and I will be back to read more of your post. God bless.

~Neverforsaken~Lisa Dreamchild said...

Thank you Brenda!
Been struggling with online stuff lately. Nearly gave up a couple times. God is faithful, and I must be more patient..as I mentioned in my comment on your blog.
I've actually taken a step beyond my comfort zone recently and have been witnessing through making Youtube videos using a popular video game. Me and my daughter play nearly every night and I have met folks from all over the world. Some who are in darkness concerning our Lord Jesus. I need a lot of prayer for my own safety as well as the calm, peaceful, loving spirit necessary to demonstrate the true character of Jesus. So many of these people are into this darkness because of past hurt inflicted upon angry or unloving Christians. This post came out of this realization.
Of course there is a precise balance in doing this, as you probably know. As the Word warns us not to have fellowship with the fruitful works of darkness, rather reprove them exposing them for what they are. But their works are separated by their souls need for the Savior to deliver them.
I am also reminded of my dear best friend who passed away this year who once told me "Placing a good apple into a barrel of rotting apples will not make the rotting apples good..but will make the good apple bad".
I cannot ignore the spiritual response on behalf of some of the unbelievers however to the message of the gospel presented in the videos.
The game does have some violent content that cannot be ignored. I am pulling from the game whatever beauty and wholesomeness that I can to showcase the message. So prayer is so needed to sustain me in this.
~Blessings and Love~ Lisa

~Neverforsaken~Lisa Dreamchild said...

Hello again Brenda, Apparently blogger won't let me edit my own reply to your comment. I meant to say * Unfruitful works of darkness..not fruitful!

Aritha V. said...

We must know what we believe; but it is even more important to know whom we believe. When we know how great God is; when God and His glory becomes the great fact of our lives, then we have real boldness.

“‘Know thyself,’ said the heathen philosopher; that is well, but that knowledge may only lead a man to hell. ‘Know Christ,’ says the Christian philosopher, ‘know him, and then you shall know yourself,’ and this shall certainly lead you to heaven, for the knowledge of Christ Jesus is saving knowledge.” (Spurgeon)

Source: Enduring

~Neverforsaken~Lisa Dreamchild said...

Hello Aritha..Very wise advise! Know Him..So many people think they need to know themselves before they can understand about who God is to them, but I think if we learn more about Jesus first, we can then learn the truth about who we are as He will shed light on us. We will either see ourselves as a sinner who needs to be made clean, or we will see Jesus in us and this will encourage us to be better people in order to please our Lord each day. Lots to think about.

~Neverforsaken~Lisa Dreamchild said...

Aritha, For some reason Blogger will not let me comment on your blog post about your new hiking shoes.
I just wanted to say that unfortunately, I have not been hiking/ walking as much as I should this past year. Mostly from neuropathy, but also because I don't want to go alone.
I did buy a nice new pair of warm snow boots which feel like I'm walking on air when I wear them!
I have long narrow feet and its so hard to find a comfortable show. Now with the neuropathy in my feet, I can't stand anything too tight either. It must be light and flexible but weather proof as well. I am on the look out for a good pair of hikers.
I have a few months before its safe to walk in the weather, so I will make it my goal.

Aritha V. said...

About shoes. I found this shoes. Is it a good one for you? "The Patrol Winter" unites barefoot functionality and timeless boot design. My mom had beuropathy too. It was awfull.

I share the link: https://www.feelgrounds.com/collections/shoes?color&material&size&style=winterboots

But snow boots are OK too :-)
How was your week?

~Neverforsaken~Lisa Dreamchild said...

Oh I am so terrible at checking my blog comments! I used to get notified whenever somebody commented.
I will certainly check out that link..Thank you so much Aritha!
I am well! We are having company this week..My best friend from high school and her Mom. I haven't seen them in five years, so I am really excited!
I have been thinking about New Years resolutions and am trying to get more organized in order to make better use of my time..So far, it's slow progress! How are you doing?

Aritha V. said...

All is well with me. I love your new blog dominoffect. But I can't comment there. Its is only for members?
https://kostbaar.blogspot.com/

UPDATE TIME

 It's been sixteen months!  In April Jeff went into kidney failure and has been on dialysis. He's doing well so far. It was a very s...