My Cancer Blog

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Attainable Goals for 2017


It's been a long, strange winter here in Northern Michigan.
But the song of the red-winged blackbird has returned once again, bringing the message of hope and renewal that spring always brings to the earth.

I have resolved once and for all to never make New Year resolutions again. 😄 
Instead I have made a list of achievable goals for the year.
Among these goals are:
*Go back to church. 
I attended church today for the first time in several months. You know you've been gone too long when the pastor forgets your name!
I also finally got my computer repaired two days ago. It took them a whole ten minutes to replace the faulty Power Supply Unit; so I thought today would be a good day to get started on another goal....drum-roll....

*Get back into blogging regularly!

In fact, some of my other goals can be used in blogging, such as:

*Practice kindness and mercy toward others.
*Write more often, but using less words. (challenging for me)
*Slow down and do things with more thought and care.
*Be more organized.
*Focus more on relationships, not material possessions.
Of course I must be able to balance the time spent online in order to achieve the last goal ...
*Keep house neater, cleaner, and more organized.
 I have been practicing this for a couple of weeks now, and am finding that with a little organizing and decluttering, this is becoming easier every day.

Well, that wraps this post up for today.
Thanks for visiting me here!

~Blessings & Love~
and remember, we are...

~NEVER FORSAKEN~

~Lisa~



10 comments:

Jane said...

Glad you are going to be blogging again, Lisa! Your list of goals sounds very noble and good.

Hugs
Jane

Susie Swanson said...

So happy to see you on here Lisa. It's been a rough winter here as well. I love your list of goals and need to make one myself. Blessings and Love.

Never Forsaken said...

Thanks, Jane.
I hope I can stick to the plan!

Never Forsaken said...

I am a list maker by nature, Susie, so I hope this works!
It's great to be back writing posts..You have always been encouraging, my friend!

Sandi said...

Sounds like a good plan!

Reformed rebel said...

So glad you're back Lisa.
Chelle

Brenda said...

Hi Lisa,
I love the blackbird pic, I love all birds.
Well I had to smile as I read your post. There were certain things that reminded me of my life - in a certain way.

Where you said about your computer being repaired - mine has been repaired recently too.

Where you said about using less words was challenging for you -
my husband often tells people 'If you see any two legged donkeys in town, it is because Brenda has talked the hind legs off them.'

Where you say about being more organized - I always seem to be doing about ten jobs at the same time while my husband starts one and finishes it before starting another. Also he calls my workroom a mess because I have lots of little notes about what I want to write on my desktops. His garage is in complete order:-).
Lovely to see you back blogging.

Never Forsaken said...

Thank you, Chelle..I'm excited to be back here too!

Never Forsaken said...

I hope I can stick to it..With the Lord's help, I will be able to.

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Brenda, Oh thank you for the laugh! I'll have to remember about that two legged donkey, lol!
I love all birds too..even the cowbird and crow.
It's lovely to be back to the blog again. ;-)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD!

HAPPY 8TH B-DAY, BUD! I think he's had too many birthday cookies already today!