Thursday, January 9, 2014

GOOD NEWS!


We met with the oncologist today. He said my cancer is not a bad case at all, in fact the chemo regimen I will be on is milder than many breast cancer regimens...no radiation or hormone therapy is needed...and no cancer spread!
I will need 6 treatments of chemo...one every 3 weeks for 18 weeks (4.5 months) and one year of an immune therapy drug (Herceptin).
This is less than the standard of 6 months of chemo!
Doc said that my chance for this cancer coming back is less than 5%...If I did no chemo it would be 20-30%.

He told me not to worry, his patients usually only complain about fatigue, and that the other side effects are controlled by meds given before treatments.

He also looked me straight in the eye and said that we will cure this, and that I did not do anything to cause the cancer.
He's a very warm and compassionate person whom Jeff and I both liked right away. He's been doing this for over 30 years.
His wife is a breast cancer survivor too!

Thanks for your prayers, my dear friends... :loveblow:


  :Smiley10-1: God is so good! I am feeling so much better since this good report!

~ Blessings & Love ~
and remember, we are...
~NEVER FORSAKEN~

12 comments:

Jane said...

That is wonderful news, Lisa! The power of prayer is great. God is good!

Reformed rebel said...

Wow Lisa. Great and exciting news!!! GOD is good! Praise HIS name!!! Prayer works! I am so happy for you and your family.

Blessings to you...Chelle

Deanna said...

VERY VERY WOW!!! happy dancing for you!

Alexandra Rose said...

WONDERFUL news. So very glad, (and awed by the power of prayer )
My praises are going up!
We will continue to go through this with you, Lisa, one step at a time.
xx

Brenda said...

Hi Lisa,
God is so good and gives us a peace that passes all understanding. Praise His lovely name.

May the Lord continue to bless you with that peace. xx

mari said...

Can the praises be heard all the way in your cottage? As I write this, I am overwhelmed by the sense of joy that is filling me right now for you my Sweet Friend!!!! So precious...so very precious is Our Lord...

Jedidja said...

Hoi Lisa, thats great news. I am so glad for you and your family!

child of God said...

Thank YOU FATHER!!
Woot! This is such great news! Continuing to pray and pray for you hon. :) May I share this on my blog?

Hugs, love and lots of prayer,
<><

Susie Swanson said...

Woo Hoo, this is awesome news.. Oh the power of prayer. Hugs and love dear friend.

Never Forsaken said...

Yes you may.
I pray someone out there will be encouraged to keep praying and trusting Father for peace to get through a disease that is often very scary.
Even when the news seems bad...Look for the good God promises us.
Thanks, Sweetie!

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

I am so happy to hear this. God is amazing! He is full of surprises. God bless you : ) Love ya!
Karen

child of God said...

Thanks Lisa. :)

(((Hugs)))
<><

So do not fear,  for I am with you;      do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help  you;      I will uphold ...