My Cancer Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blessings, Berries, and Buddy

And my God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Phillipians 4:19
Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me.
That I not be full and deny You and say, “Who is the LORD?”
Or that I not be in want and steal,
And profane the name of my God.  Proverbs 30:8-9



The Lord will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. Deuteronomy 28:12
Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them and you will have them. Mark 11:24

Whatcha lookin at Bud?

What is it Bud?

Now what are you eating?




Aha...I see the berries are ripening!




Hey Bud...Where are you going?..
...Get outa my garden!
(he headed straight from the berries to the tomatoes!..Oh-Oh, I think I've created a monster!)


Have you ever seen a hound sniffing out (and eating) a berry?..Well, this dog follows me wherever I go, and whether I am taking laundry from the dryer, or cleaning out the refrigerator, he has to get involved. And when I say involved, I mean involved! Picture an open dryer or refrigerator door, with a big black dog's head inside sniffing out the contents! So of course, he watched me pluck a ripe raspberry into my mouth, and then proceeded to pick himself a few too.

Recently, after many long years of service, my dryer pooped out on me. We bought a new washer and dryer from our daughter in Indiana, but it is in the garage until we wire the house for a 2-20 plug. I am so enjoying hanging the bedding out, that I will continue to do so after we install the new dryer! I had forgotten how wonderful it is to snuggle in with fresh line dried linen.

I am still praying for rain for the drought stricken farms...we got a little bit last Saturday.

Speaking of rain, Me and my hubby were at Walmart in Houghton Lake when we got caught in it. We ran for the car, I reached in, grabbed the umbrella and quickly (too quickly) Popped it open, only to have the umbrella pop off from the handle and go flying! It must have been funny to watch this happen, I sure hope someone got a good laugh LOL!
We had to go into Home Depot looking like a couple of drowned rats afterwards.
My 'two-pieced' umbrella
(sorry for the poor quality photos; I use my smart phone.)

Buddy (of course) I can't do anything without him remember.

*Note: He's standing in front of a miniature 'him'!


This seems to happen quite often around here!
From the 'Whoof pack"





~God Bless~





5 comments:

Jane said...

I'm so glad that your anxiety is getting better and the chiropractor is working for you, Lisa! The rain petered out by the time it reached us, just made things steamy. I sent a prayer up to God "Don't mean to sound ungrateful, Dear Lord, but could you please send more?'". God understands that I'm a bit of a wiseacre. I have a very personal relationship with Him! And I believe He has a sense of humor. Just ask the duck-billed platypus! Well at least it has been wonderful weather for drying clothes on the line. Our berries haven't ripened yet, but the neighbor's raspberries are very small. Georgie loves to eat out of the garden, also. He drives me crazy with his begging when I'm shelling peas and snapping green beans.

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Jane,

Yes, the Lord has a sense of humor, and I'm sure He created some of us just for that reason alone LOL!
I am so glad my dog is not that weird...I mean, at least there's another weirdo dog out there ;)

I am still praying for rain...I just drove back from town (7 miles), and it is so sad to see all the dried up grass and flowerbeds along the road. I know our God will supply all our needs. I only hope those who are worried about everything will look to Him at this time. It didn't take much time for the linens to dry, or the jeans that I slung over the back porch railings either! (At least something good came out of this dry heat).
~God Bless~

Susie Swanson said...

Oh I love Buddy, he must be lots of company for you.. I dry all of my laundry in the warm months..Especially Bed linen, it smells so fresh..Hope you have a nice week, Susie

Reformed rebel said...

Hi Lisa ~ I love the pics you post. Bud is such a handsome boy. Praising Jesus with you for all that He has, and is, doing for you! That is all great news! I know that our God is able to do "more" than we can even imagine!
Blessings...Chelle

Denise said...

Aw; thanks for the delightful pictures and inspiring verses that brought a smile to my face this morning Lisa! :)

PTL that your are getting around better and returning to activity. God is so good, and oh yes (!), how our prayer chains are heard and answered!

Blessings and love my friend,
Denise

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD!

HAPPY 8TH B-DAY, BUD! I think he's had too many birthday cookies already today!